Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Oklahoma is more than Okay


Oklahoma, you’re Okay!
(by R.P.Edwards)

Oklahoma
You’re okay!
That’s what all the babies say
You try your best
To give them life
While Illinois
Gives death, and strife
Yes
I find it hard
 To understand
Why Illinois
Is “Lincoln Land”
If I were he
I would disown
And make “your” state
My very own

To the spiritually minded; it’s a given.  That is, if a baby or young child dies before the age of “knowing,” they are ushered unhindered through the pearly gates and into the arms of the waiting Savior.  What isn’t so well known, however, is that instead of a rapid maturing, they actually grow up in normal time in the heavenly environment.  Well, as you can imagine, some nurturing is needed and, along with the myriad of angels and compassionate volunteers, a rather tall and lanky gentleman (wearing a white stovepipe hat) is often seen among the babes.  “Dad, are you here again?” “Oh, hello Willie.  Yes, I can’t stay away.”  “I don’t get it, Pop.  There’s plenty of help around here.  Wouldn’t you rather hang out with Mr. Adams or George Washington?” “Oh, we’ve got plenty of time for that, son.  It’s just that….” “Don’t tell me.  The whole “Land of Lincoln” thing?” “Yes, Illinois, our home for a while.  Well, they kill a lot of babies there.  And frankly, I’m embarrassed.  I’m embarrassed that they associate my name with such an evil practice as…abortion.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some work to do.  Come here little fella!  That’s it.  You’re okay now.  Shhhh.  Don’t worry, I’ll love you.  Yes…I’ll love you.  Now, how about a little song.  Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord…

Thank God for legislators in Oklahoma.  They get it.  They understand that abortion…kills a baby.  And, they’re trying their darndest to keep that from happening.  In the latest case they overrode a veto by Governor Brad Henry who wanted to stop a law that requires detailed information from abortion minded physicians.  This, coupled with ultrasounds, warnings, restrictions on the RU-486, well, it seems that there’s at least one state in the union…that is on the side of the innocent.

Now, Illinois, on the other hand; we’re just the opposite.  Indeed, the “Land of Lincoln” goes out of its way to accommodate abortionists and their grisly industry.  In fact, if your state gives you a hard time…come to Illinois!  We’ll happily oblige you.  Yes, we’ll gladly help you dispose of your “chattel.” And, please, don’t be put off by our state slogan (mentioned above); we may talk about honest Abe, but we certainly don’t emulate him.  Yes, saying and doing are two separate things entirely in this state.  But maybe you already know that from some of our other famous sons.

That’s what I think.  How about you?  Click comments below…and say.

No comments: