Monday, June 13, 2011

Rethunk


 
 
I Recant!
(by R.P.Edwards)

I recant!
Oh! I have erred!
I bare my soul!
My blunder…share
Naive!
And simple!
A “bump” plus “kin!”
A trusting tot
And prone…to sin


Alright, I admit it.  My “hope” for Congressman Weiner (the last post)…was perhaps misplaced.  Perhaps I “overcompensated” a bit; not wanting my natural “naysay” to this liberal New Yorker to color my commentary.  And, in the process, perhaps on the scale of objectivity I went beyond “neutral” into the “are you kidding?” zone.  Or maybe I’m just a sucker.

Anyway, with all the “new” revelations, and the calls for his resignation (even from fellow democrats) and some outrage from his district (I bet his extracurricular activities were not part of the “platform”) well…I think Mr. Weiner needs to go.  And, though he is resistant, the Constitution offers a simple solution that could be proposed, and passed…today.  Thus:


    Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.
    (U.S. Constitution Article 1, Section 5, Clause 2)


So, Mr. Weiner, I wish you well. But I think it best you step down and let another take your place.  And, don’t worry about income.  Reality TV and cable news has a place of prominence…for you.  And let’s not forget the Book Deal.






Thanks to google images (contributors) and, for a "blogger" that got it right...the first time, may I suggest the following:  When Private Choices Affect Public Trust

****

2 comments:

Leona Salazar said...

I'm humbled that you think I got it right the first time. I've always felt that if politicians are unable to keep their vow to the most important person in their life, how can we, the public, expect these same individuals to keep their oath to us. If they're willing to lie to their spouses, how can we expect the truth from them? If they're not honorable in their marriage, can we really expect them to be honorable in their office?

The Layoff Letters said...

well said