Saturday, April 10, 2010

The other "Joe"


Joe
(by R.P.Edwards)

Second banana
Number 2
In the shadow
Of you know who
Silver haired
Words of blue
“Did he really say that?”
“Yes, it’s true”
Picked for balance
In '08
Old and steady
Beside the “great”
 But so much more
Than seasoned years
He brings a banquet
To hungry ears


I suppose it’s because I’m a political mix, a mutt, a mishmash; a hybrid, a hyphenated halfblood; in other words…I’m a union guy with conservative tendencies.  Anyway, I get correspondence from both sides of the isle and, although I tilt decidedly right (in most areas) every now and then I’ll open up the mail that materializes on the left side of the screen. 

A day or so ago, just such a letter showed up.  It was from my friend, Vice President Joe Biden, and he had a simple request: pump up the recently passed healthcare legislation. Here’s a few tidbits:

Your senators, First Last and First Last, took that tough stand when they supported health reform. Now, we need to provide a line of defense money can't buy: the voices of real constituents speaking out and showing their support...

Special interests know that in the coming months, all their lies about reform will be proven false. But that won't stop them from inventing new ones and spreading attack ads...

It's just the first step, but one letter from a constituent is worth a hundred paid advertisements.


Along with the words came a nifty link whereby I could pen a few choice words and then, with the push of a button, send my rah-rah to all the local papers, at one time.  Ah, technology.

Well, since I think the recently crammed bill (as well intentioned as it is) will do much more harm than good, I won’t be endorsing it any time soon.  But, I do appreciate the thought, and I’ll certainly be wary of “all their lies” from the other side.  In the meantime, I hope to receive a message from another Joe.  A gent known as, “Joe the plumber.”

That’s what I think.  How about you?  Click comments below…and say.

1 comment:

Belleluvsroses said...

Joe,

Obama's for abortion and against Isreal. THAT'S enough for me!!