Friday, August 27, 2010

Katie and Newt



Elite Speak
(by R.P.Edwards)

Clever quips
And chardonnay
Pampered lips
that coo...and bray
Speaking “values”
Dear and core
But lifted veil
Reveals…the whore


Two quotes.  First, Ms Katie Couric, from her “notebook” segment, spoken August 23, 2010.  “For the record, he’s (President Obama) Christian.  It might be islamaphobia, Obamaphobia, or both; but when loud speakers are blaring, “Born in the USA” and signs say, “No clubhouse for terrorists,” it’s clear we’re not just talking about a mosque anymore. There is a debate to be had about the sensitivity of building the center so close to ground zero, but we cannot let fear and rage tear down the towers of our core American values.”

And now a word from Mr. Newt Gingrich, “The World Trace Center site should be a battlefield memorial because it’s a battlefield.  This was an act of war.  This was an effort to cripple America. I believe we should rebuild the World Trade Center exactly as it was the minute before it was attacked.  And in World War II; in World War II there would have been zero confusion about this.  We would have rebuilt it in eighteen months.  Because back then we knew how to do things.”

Now, before I add my two cents, let me clarify, “The Whore” in my opening poem does not refer to Ms Couric, nor any particular individual.  It is a reference to (as the title implies) the Elite mindset that has somehow oozed out of the universities and now lectures us from the judiciary, the halls of government, the media, and the stages of entertainers.  And (okay, I’m in “two-cent” territory) I cringe when these anti-life, anti-traditional marriage, anti-Israel, anti-Christian, spokesmen dare to tell us exactly what our “core American values” are.  

And as far as the mosque goes; it all comes down to money.  Again, an eye-opening quote from the former Speaker of the House: “Over half the mosques in the United States have mortgages held by Saudi Arabia.”
And how is this pertinent?  Because there is not one; NOT ONE Christian church or Jewish synagogue in the whole Kingdom of Saud.  Amazing. 

So, as Mr. Newt and others have suggested, if this Ground Zero Mosque is really an outreach, an olive branch, a conciliatory center, then, let it begin where the money originates.  Let’s see some churches and synagogues open up in Saudi Arabia.

Now, since I’m in a non-politically correct mood, let me clarify.  I think you can be a Muslim, and a good American.  I think you can be a Muslim, and be patriotic.  I think in this pluralistic society there is room for all manner of beliefs and practices.  However, it must be understood, Christianity and Islam are not born of the same Father.  If Islam is true, then Jesus is a liar.  And that, my friend, I do not believe.  Therefore, as a follower of Christ,  I contend that Islam is blatantly…damningly...false.  And, I suppose, if you’re a Muslim, you think the same about Christianity.  And now that we understand each other...let's go on about our business.

Here’s a link to Ms Couric’s remarks:  From Katie's Notebook

Here’s a link to Newt’s:  The Mosque

****

No comments: