Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Superbowl Blues

 
 
Not so Superbowl
(by R.P.Edwards)

The Superbowl
Without a team
The Superbowl
Without a dream
I tried my best
To stake a claim
I tried to give
My hopes…a name
But all my horses
One step shy
All my boxers
Blackened eyes
All my arrows
Fell to earth
All my plenty
Dust…and dearth
And so I ponder
Should I stay?
Watch the game
No heart…in play?
Can frills and fancies
Earn my view
When on the gridiron
No champion…true?
For now…it’s no
Or so I say
But
Clever ads
May win…the day


The Rams…rammed.  The Cardinals…clipped.  The Vikings…dead and on their way to Vahalla. 
First I went for the local team, then the favorite player, and finally the sympathetic old guy…all for naught. 
Honestly, we might just pass on the “event” this year.  Even the prospective new crop of high dollar commercials have lost their allure (knowing, of course, that they can be garnered elsewhere). 

However, there is some time between now and then and, when game day arrives, the tube may very well make its way to the “Super” channel.  But for now…it’s a pass.   Too much time and emotion already invested. 

Unless, of course…I find a reason.  If I can’t find someone to root for, perhaps I can pick a team to root against.  Let’s see, the Rams, in their near-glory days,  were beaten by the Patriots in Superbowl thirty six…in New Orleans!  Took me three days to get over it.  Now there’s a reason!  Root “against” the team…from New Orleans!

I know.  Lame.  But…I’ve got to come up with a reason to see, firsthand, what the Clydesdales are up to.

That’s what I think.  How about you?  Click comments below…and say.

No comments: