Monday, August 1, 2016

The Art of the Spiel




Lies Perfected
(by R.P.Edwards)

Practice makes perfect
It's true here as well
To speak like an angel
Though the lie is from hell



I DIDN'T want to watch it--I usually fast forward, or mute, or pause and then scoot past--but I thought it might be helpful, informative. So, after a little internal debate, I went to "start over" and did so. Truthfully, my gut was a bit perturbed at the initial intake but, over time, I grew to admire the skillful manipulation of the language. Truly a professional. 

I write, of course, of a recent interview involving a certain Presidential nominee who is NOT Donald Trump. 

But, I'll not pile on the former Secretary of State, other than to say that Mr Trump could learn a thing or two from the pearl merchant. So careful. So crafty. So cool under fire. Yes, the Billionaire who is used to speaking his mind (and we love him for it!) he would be wise to observe the opposition and incorporate just a hint of her expertise. Except, of course, we need truth. 


****

No comments: