Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Naysayers




The Naysayers
(by R.P.Edwards)

Just like clockwork
They raise their voice
Disrupting drones
Attacking choice
They invade the rally
And yell their "few"
But ignoring "them"
Is what we do
And I wonder why
They act that way
No doubt, for many
They're there for pay
But their annoying push
Their master "plan"
Just builds resolve
To elect "the man."

   
I caught the tail end of Donald Trump's economic speech in Detroit. Flipped through the channels, and there it was. "Man, I wanted to see that," says I. "Oh well, I can always catch it on YouTube after a while."

"It's probably there now," says my savvy 15 year old who was computer occupied. 

And so it was.

Now, as a laid off Union Steelworker this pro-America communication was indeed welcome. But, it was not all "Ahh" and "Amen" in the audience. No, there was a smattering of discontent interspersed among the faithful and I suspect these were not passionate singles; but rather compensated drones. "Go there. Do this. Say that."

And I wonder; what do they wish to accomplish? For, dear reader, instead of driving me away from the Donald; their anarchist antics...push me towards.

BTW, please notice the new novel on the right sidebar (SIR JOHN & THE QUEST OF PROVING). A Christian/fantasy/Allegory: Check it out!

****



No comments: