Tuesday, July 26, 2016

HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON!





Judgment Coming
(by R.P.Edwards)

We should be careful
How we ascribe
To deity 
OUR way
Words are recorded
Records kept
And then comes 
Judgment Day



There's a large abortion clinic nearby (I mention it often). From time to time there is a fellow I know who will stand on the sidewalk (usually when the clinic is NOT open) and sing. He's usually not there very long, but for a few minutes he'll sing a few Christian songs and almost always include in the mix, The Battle Hymn of the Republic (you know, MINE EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY...).

If queried about Lincoln's favorite song he'll say something like, "The evil that was behind slavery, is the same evil that is behind abortion."

"How so?"

"Because American Slave holders said that those of African descent were to be considered as less than human; things. AND, in the same way babies in the womb are considered as less than human; things to be disposed of. So, the song is appropriate; for the same evil is in play."

Logical. 

Enter the beginning of the Democratic National Convention. Before the first gavel a talented choir from an AME church (African Methodist Episcopal) sang three verses from said hymn. They did a fine job but, I must admit, I was taken aback. For, you see, the democratic party is the party of abortion. Hillary Clinton, in fact, champions it. 

So, I am now in "guess land." Did the fine Christian folk (for I assume they all love the Savior) not realize God's view of the affront (abortion)? Are they among those who think the deity is indifferent to the plight of the innocent?

I must admit, I sometimes puzzle at how so many of those who love the Redeemer can be so terribly mistaken in this one judgment-worthy area. But, I'll not question their sincerity or motivation. But I will add my opinion as to the placement of the song: I think it is nothing less than a prophetic proclamation aimed at the party of infanticide and, by extension, to the universal WE who do so little on behalf of the "least of these."

MINE EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY OF THE COMING OF THE LORD
HE IS TRAMPLING OUT THE VINTAGE WHERE THE GRAPES OF WRATH ARE STORED
HE HATH LOOSED THE FATEFUL LIGHTENING OF HIS TERRIBLE SWIFT SWORD
HIS TRUTH IS MARCHING ON

****

No comments: