Monday, January 11, 2016

Iowa stand





Inspiration
(by R.P.Edwards)

"From where does inspiration come?"
Asked the apprentice, midst his chores
As he watched the artist shape the stone
A masterpiece...and more
The kindly elder paused, and turned
To meet the child's gaze
 "For the greatest inspiration, lad,
Begin with prayer and praise."


Iowa stand
Iowa do
The nation needs a heartland
And the nation looks to you 
Iowa speak
Iowa say
"I stand for God and country
And I know no other way.
I stand for God and country
And I know no other way."

(From "Iowa stand")


A man can only give what he has been given. My simple offering, contribution, for this troubled time is a simple song called, "Iowa stand." It's an encouragement for the caucus goers of the Hawkeye State to coalesce around a strong, qualified candidate who shares their values; former governor, Mike Huckabee.

However, having said that, this "song" is apolitical in that no "candidate" is mentioned in it (although the video gives a gentle nod). It is, rather, an appeal to a significant portion of this Heartland state to use their influence to help America remember, and return.

There is much more that can be said, but let me conclude by saying; I began this piece with a poem about inspiration. Dear reader, I believe it applies here. I take no credit for any good that comes from the melody and verse; for I think the Lord is in it (I'm sure others will strongly disagree; such is America). It's quick construct and execution seemed to be "more than me." And, if that is indeed the case...I hope the blessing continues.    

****

 



 

No comments: