Monday, November 3, 2014

Vote!!!!!



Neglect
(by R.P.Edwards)

Evil lies
Within the eyes
Of those 
Who do not do
 By their neglect
They genuflect
To enemies
Of true
Their slack of hand
Both woman, man
Invites corruptions' reign
So souls arise!
Your sloth despise!
Repent and start...again! 


Alright, alright, the last word of the opening poem (again) must be read as if enunciated by Henry Higgins of My Fair Lady fame; as in "The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain."

Anyway, it is election eve and I'll probably spend part of this night looking at the particulars of the candidates I will have the opportunity to support...or not...tomorrow.  If the reader has been enduring my previous posts you know that I begin with the "God Issues" and work out from there. Pro-life? Check. Pro-Israel? Check. Pro-traditional marriage? Check. Then, all things being equal (which will be a rare occurrence, indeed)  we'll look at the lesser motivators. 

And so, as the opening poem alludes, "neglecting" to vote...is to vote. So, come morning (or afternoon) whatever your political stripe...get off your padded place and toddle to the blood-bought booth. Cast your vote. And, with the tallying there will be reason for celebration...or sadness. I just hope my fellow "believers" decide to take a stand and take on--for the sake of a dying America--the attributes that will help revive and renew. I.e. Salt...and light.

For your enjoyment; the aforementioned scene from My Fair Lady



****






No comments: