Friday, September 23, 2011

September 23, 2011 Republican Debate


Google it
(by R.P.Edwards)

Google sponsored
Youtube posts
Brett and Megyn and Chris
Are hosts
Nine republicans
In the fray
Only one
Will win the day
Perry stumbles
Border woes
Santorum delivers
Piercing blows
Mitt stays strong
Deflecting blasts
Cain beat cancer
In the past
Bachmann says
“You keep your cents”
Many want
A southern fence
Newt’s nostalgic
“I was there”
Johnson wants
A tax that’s fair
Huntsman pushes
“Move to gas!”
Paul, as usual
Is bold as brass
But in the end
One thing I know
Perry’s collar
Has got…to go


The Fox/Google sponsored Republican Presidential debate.  Recorded it. Crawled in after a night at the job.  Grabbed a discarded envelope (for notes) and reclined…to dine.  Well, a couple hours later I tried again.  The above poem is the gist.

I must admit, I’m beginning to drift away from the honorable governor of Texas.  One reason; I just don’t like his collar.  Reminds me of some old-timey photograph.   I’m now leaning more towards Mitt.  Yes, a Mitt/Huckabee ticket would suit me just fine.  And, the most memorable line of the night (in my humble opinion) came from the lips of the former speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich: 


“Nothing will turn America around more than election night when Barak Obama loses…decisively”

Amen, Mr Speaker, Amen.


  
I'm telling ya...there's something about that collar.  But then, I am working the midnight shift...

2 comments:

David Walker said...

Being from Texas...we've been talking about that collar a while now...we know what you mean!! And now with the news of will Gov. Christie get in or stay out...will Obama take off his bedroom slippers and put on his marching shoes....well, I'm just on the edge of my seat! Yes, I did check to see my seat was not the commode...so as to reposition my self if needed!

The Layoff Letters said...

Well said, David. Exciting times.