Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday: The Ultimate Solution



The Solution
(by R.P.Edwards)

The solution took sacrifice
Not part
But the ALL
Commitment sufficient
To Redeem
From the fall
The impetus?
LOVE
Beyond death…beyond pain
A reaching
At ready
With the call
Of His Name


It’s Good Friday, when the price for humankind’s redemption…was paid.  What cost!  Imagine, the one through whom everything was made…willingly received the punishment and penalty due to absolve the betrayers.  And, in order to do this, He actually took on human flesh; became, if you will, a part of the creation…yet without sin.

Well, I’ll not try to do justice to this momentous memorial.  There are others of greater gifts for that.  But, as a Christian I recognize the reality of this day.  The reality of my formerly “lost” state; the “I was unable to work, or earn” condition; the “I desperately need a Savior” before lament.  And, with the remembrance of “what He did” I, this day, am so grateful that His love (extended to all, John 3:16) even reached as far…as me.

So, to my fellow believers; to those who know that the Jesus of scripture is as real as He ever was; to those who remember this distant yet personal day with somber and serious thanksgiving; to these I join in one voice and with the Psalmist joyously proclaim, “O give thanks to the Lord; for He is good: for His mercy endureth forever!”  (Psalm 118:29)

****

No comments: