Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Principal Financial's Finest






Daddy's here
(by R.P.Edwards)

"It's Okay
Daddy's here"
Every child
Needs to hear
But many men
Love only one
No time for daughters
No time for sons



I don't know how long the link will stay active, but the one minute promo for Principal Financial (above) grabbed me (I would say "moved," but that seems too revealing [oops]).

I suppose it could be that so much of this mini-marvel has happened, or IS happening, in my life--love, conception (planned and unplanned), kids growing, maturing, leaving--it reaches deep on many levels (in one measly minute!) BUT, perhaps, in this age of "choice," AND, since I'm often stationed near an abhorrent abortion mill, when the young man in this video puts his offspring first and postpones his college career, well, that sold it. Imagine, a man actually acting like one (I've seen O so many who don't). It's truly a wonderful message.

So, Principal Financial, you have my heartfelt thanks. AND, don't be surprised if more than just words are heading your way. In the meantime I think I'll watch this commercial again...and again...and most likely...again.

****


No comments: