Monday, July 28, 2014

In Support of Israel





Of Israel
(by R.P.Edwards)

A nation, wise
Will not despise
Or hinder
Israel's path
For those that do
Prove scripture, true
Inviting pain
And wrath



I will bless those who bless you,
And the one who curses you I will curse,
And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed.
(Genesis 12:3 NASB)

It was a happy little vine; a green, leafy tendril slowly growing up between a couple boards at the end of the porch; grabbing, leaning, grabbing again. I liked it and, as I slowly went to and fro on the white porch swing with beloved grandchild, number one; I wondered just how much of this outer enclave the plant would lay claim to. One might ask, "What kind was it?" And...I honestly don't know. I've never been one for plant purity, or lawn lineage. Indeed, Kentucky Bluegrass is welcome, as is chickweed and clover. I prefer that they're green, but other than that...don't care (sorry neighbors).

Enter my second oldest son. He approached the green guest and said,  "Dad, the boards are bowing here (remember I said the vine was growing "between"?)" And that's what led to the early exhibition.

Moved to action by the safety factor I finally inspected the unders of the porch. Yep, boards needed tending to and, along with the inspection I ran across the biannual signage--a couple painted plywood placards that are attached to the street side of the porch and tell passersby my priorities as to who represents this Union Steelworker--And, before you make the leftward assumption, I consider myself to be a "Values Voter." A God issue voter. Thus, positions on abortion, and traditional marriage and family far outweigh any unctions by leadership or utterances by the smooth of speech. And, along with the subjects mentioned above, there is one other...Israel.

So, since Israel is in need of support, I washed off the hand-painted opinion and mounted the "Pro-Israel" sign, months ahead of time, to the front display (right next to the cross and not far from the American flags [yeah, I'm one of those neighbors]).

Ironically, not long after this someone took the liberty to cut off my vine. As a result, it withered and died. And that, my fellow citizens, is our sure destiny if we continue to disregard the desires of the deity mentioned four times in the Declaration of Independence. Support Israel. And, for all our sakes, don't vote for anyone who is anti or ambivalent.






National Suicide
(Music and lyrics by R.P.Edwards)

For National Suicide
Here's what you do
Turn against Israel
Your dream will come true
Yes, fight against Zion
Go ahead and try
If you want to burn them
You're going to fry!
You see, God told Abraham
A long time ago
"I'll bless those that bless you
But the other guys...NO!!!"
So, if National Suicide 
Is your desire
Then turn against Israel
And you'll feel the fire
And you'll discover that God's not a liar
You better leave His children alone
You better leave God's people alone
I'm gonna leave God's people alone
We better leave God's people alone

****


No comments: