Saturday, March 1, 2014

Not the same
























Not the Same
(by R.P.Edwards)

They try so hard
To make it be
With fishy facts
So loose and free
With all their might
They press to pin
To make their "urge"
Equate
With skin




Ralph was a realist. That's how he put it. "Times change; values change; but if they have money for a cake...I'll make it." 

The 43 year old wiped his flour covered hands on his faded green apron and offered the reporter a slice of breakfast cheesecake as he "yeasted" his reply.  "What I mean is," he continued, leaning on the counter next to the register, "if a gay couple wants a wedding cake...I'll make it. If a skin-head wants a swastika on his blood-red icing...I'll put it there. Gay, straight, left, right, offensive, silly, serious...if I can bake it, and you can pay for it, that's all that matters. Come here," he said, standing and motioning for a look behind the swinging black door to the back. "You see that three tiered beauty in the corner? Yeah, right there. It's going to have two grooms and THREE brides. No, it's not quite legal yet; that arrangement I mean" he said, cocking his head to one side as his shoulders rose to meet it, "but it will be soon. And I, sir, am a realist. And if their money is green; green like this apron...I'll take it. I don't have time for religious exemptions and such."
_______

And so the Arizona Governor vetoed SB1062, a bill that seemed to guarantee a little relief to religious folk who don't like being "sued" by the government because they didn't choose to violate their heart-felt religious convictions.  Apparently the backlash at such audacity was tremendous; the perception being that this was an anti-gay bill and, as a result, the threat of less dollars for Arizona was used to give the governor pause; and pause...she did.

Oh, what a curious time we live in. Abandoning the "morality" of those who got us here (remember; our "freedoms" are inherited, not earned) we fantasize that we are in a new era of civil rights; trying as best we can to equate sexual attraction...with skin color. As I've said before (in a bygone blog somewhere) I've read and heard the testimony of those whose desires turned from homo to hetero (through Christ, of course), but I've never heard of a color change (not that there needed to be one).

Well, I'll not dwell on that point, nor on the alarming rise and relevance of the godless oracles in our septic culture. But, I will offer a bit of advice to the Godly businesses that are in line to be persecuted and prosecuted if they dare live their faith. I recommend that you simply...go on the offensive. Put the scriptures on the wall. Make it abundantly clear "whose" you are and, yes, accept all comers. Make your views known, but, with love, practice your trade; sprinkling your labors with prayer...and share. And...who knows...perhaps a little kindness and compassion and concern...will win a few...for Him.

****


No comments: