Saturday, March 8, 2014

Huckabee 2016






Our need
(by R.P.Edwards)

I hunger for humble
I thirst for the true
I search for the seasoned
Not trending
Or new
I look for the leader
With scars on display
Not pretty
Or polished
Or phony in way
I listen for learning
From years in the ring
For wisdom unwhittled
By harlots and bling
I seek for the servant
Acquainted with prayer
 Who kneels
And then stands
For the battle
Prepared




Populist: an advocate of the rights and interests of ordinary people

So says my Encarta Dictionary; part of my aging 2003 Microsoft Word program.

Well, Mike Huckabee (former Governor of Arkansas) is described as thus...and it fits. 

I saw Mike's speech at CPAC (Conservateive Political Action Conference) and he deftly hit my (and many's) hot buttons: God, Life, Military, IRS (as in "get rid of!"), etc. Honestly, I like this guy; always have. I wonder, however, why his name rarely makes the cut when it comes to presidential hopefuls in 2016. True, he hasn't announced, but he is probing...and pondering. And, although I like the "field," if he were in the race...he's my obvious choice.  

****

No comments: