Thursday, October 8, 2009

Try!!



TRY!!!
(by R.P.Edwards)

Higher! Faster!
Further! Go!!!
Stretch the boundaries!
Ceilings…BLOW!
Climbing! Striving! Thinning air!
Casting weights of fear and care!
Left behind, the chains of “Can’t!”
Deaf to doubters draining rants!
FOCUS! FOCUS! PAST THAT LINE!!
ALL OR NOTHING!
NOW’S THE TIME!
YOU CAN DO IT!!
FLY! MAN! FLY!
YOU’VE RAISED THE BAR!!!
Your name is…TRY!


A bit ironic that I would begin this offering with a poem that appears to be the exact opposite of my “Minimalist” thoughts of a few days ago (Sept 30, I believe).  But…I was inspired by the gourd cannon.

Working the afternoon shift this week and, waking to the news (trivial, as well as tragic) I got a kick out of the fellows in New York state who have pushed “pumpkin chuckin’” to new (literally) heights.  Using air pressure and a very long barrel, this “big bertha” can toss the garden orb a cool mile! Dream it…and do it!  Or at least try.  It’s an entrepreneurial thing.  An American thing.  A pushing, pioneer kind of thing.

But, as for me?  I’m still the minimalist.  Still, for the most part, the bystander.  But I certainly can recognize and appreciate those with the need for speed, the drive for daring, the urge to surge.  And, with my small cheerleader exhortations…maybe they’ll fly just a little higher…faster…further.

Click "comments" below...and have your say.

No comments: