Monday, November 2, 2020

The Waiting

 

 


 

The Waiting
(by R.P.Edwards)
 
Seeds are planted
The growing done
The sickle stationed
Almost won
For the morrow waiting
With its frenzied fill
And the coffers bursting
With defining till
Oh anxious waiting!
For the harvest's sway
For the weighted winner
That rules the day
For our future plantings
In life's fallowed field
Will receive the chosen
And its children...yield


 
It was august of 2018. President Trump made an appearance at a downstate Illinois Steel plant; the beneficiary of his policies that held back the gush of cheap foreign steel so that the local variety...could thrive.

It was a work day and although most of my coworkers were prevented from attending (somebody's got to get the steel out) I was afforded a place in the back due to a vacation day used to accommodate the extraction of two teeth (one of which I miss dearly). After the rude removals I spat out my blood-soaked gauze and attended. It was four hours well spent.

One would suppose my heavy leaning towards President Trump is due to his unwavering support of American-born industry. I, and so many of my hard-hatted peers appreciate this; but this is not the primary pointer for me.

One might think it has to do with his tax-cut, or regulation removals, or military build up, or VA overhaul, or staunch defense of the 2nd Amendment. All good. But these only move me a little.

For, you see, since I am more than just a slightly disheveled steel tender; since I am in fact a person of deep faith, I cling to our commander-in-chief, Donald J. Trump, because he knows, and DEMONSTRATES that he knows, that human life in ALL stages...has value.

Yes, the Republican party under the leadership of Trump, is the party of Life. And although they weren't always this way, the Democrat Party is the party of infanticide, child slaughter, and God-denying death.

Dear reader, make no mistake, those who tout this choosing as one of the most important elections of our time, are absolutely right. It is, in fact, in many ways a veiled replay of 1860. As you recall, on one side were those who loved, cherished, and sought to protect the vile institution that considered fellow humans as something very much less; and on the other side were those who thought being "made in the image of God," applied to all. Therefore, without apology, without regret, and with all my heart my vote is for four more years under the leadership of President, Donald J. Trump.

 
PS The Lord has allotted me some degree of talent in more than just physical labor, and three songs (over time) have been produced to support President Trump. I suppose two will retire gracefully. But the third has the potential for longevity. Thank you for viewing.






 





****
 

 

No comments: