Monday, June 8, 2015

The Duggars and D-Day






Media Morality
(by R.P.Edwards)

The media points
With righteous rage
Decries the sin
On every page
And acts as though
Their words have weight
The yellow rags
Of filth...and hate




Hypocrite: : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs
(Merriam Webster)


Okay, let me see if I have it right; the Duggar family, known for having a lot of kids and living a Christian lifestyle (overly so to some) in front of the cameras, had an issue with their oldest boy (when he was a barely teen) where he inappropriately touched some sisters and one other. The word is molestation. He confessed to his parents; they were shocked, and they dealt with it. And they are hypocrites...why?

You'll have to excuse me. I can be pretty simple in my reasoning, but wouldn't the label of HYPOCRITE come in to play if they, say, filmed the show while this kind of behavior was currently going on? I mean, if, behind the supposed facade of Christian goody goodies there was known "sin" being tolerated? Instead, it seems they were faced with a difficult issue...and they resolved it. That's not hypocrisy. That's Christian reality. 

Listen, I don't look to the media for morality. I believe there's plenty of evidence that points to a leftward tilt; an "anti" christian lean. Whether its their love of infanticide or their exaltation of immoral behavior...they are not to be taken seriously in the pulpit. And, on that note; why the D-Day reference? Well, the anniversary coincided with my closer examination of the Duggar dilemma. And, with the mixing I must conclude that the "morality" of the D-Day generation mirrors more closely the Duggars...than their detractors.

Speaking of "hypocrisy"...the phrase "objective journalism" comes to mind.

****





No comments: