Monday, July 23, 2012

She waits





She waits
(by R.P.Edwards)

The Kitty waits
Upon the stair
The favorite child
No longer there
His sure affection
Loving care
And so she waits
Upon the stair



If I was in a sighing mood, I could sigh this morning.  Added to my general disdain for the dayshift (yes, I'm glad I have a job; I'm just not a fan of the alarm clock), we had the killings in Colorado; my mother-in-law informed me of the passing of her brother, and now...the cat. No, the little fur-ball has not moved on; she just looks on...longingly.  You see, her favorite human has moved out (an eventuality for most offspring [in this culture anyway]) but the cat hasn't made the connection yet. And so, as has been her routine, for years and years...she waits. Looking at "his" door.

As best I can figure she's a Russian Blue (at least in part). The pictures posted are "not" she, but if not knowing...I would say they are.  And, I truly feel for the little bug-eater (and face biter) and I am reminded by "Miss Kitty," and by all the events of late, that this life...is at best...transient.  And oh, how foolish are we to ascribe immortality and permanence to anything not connected to He...who does not change.

And so, as there is a pause in politics to reflect on the Colorado tragedy--a horrible, senseless loss of life--let us also reflect on "our" relationships that are only a breath away...from passing. And, dear reader, may I gently suggest that before the inevitable comes, that we consider He, who offers a more permanent...peace.

Cat Nipped!
(By R.P.Edwards)

When I awoke
Upon my face
A curious mark
A curious place
I must conclude
That in the night
The disgruntled cat
Decided...to bite!


1 comment:

Lenard said...

Cute kittie!!! I love such grey cats! Its impressive that after such a long time, she still sits there patiently...Waiting...Such smart animals.