Monday, November 9, 2020

Our sacred vote


 

 Traitors

(by R.P.Edwards)
 
Not simply naughty
Or a partisan do
Not a misdemeanor 
Have I done to you
Not merely a mocker
With my blood bought say
Not just a criminal 
With my act today
No, I'm more than these
With YOUR vote in tow
As I nullify your yes or no
And your sacred stand
I throw away
Yes, there's just one word
For me today
TRAITOR!



Long ago I brought them to the stone. "Them" referring to my children and the "stone," meaning a war memorial strategically placed near a McDonald's.

Positioning my heritage near the names I attempted to impart a fraction of their worth. "You see these names," I'd say. "Each of these is a person who died on our behalf; on YOUR behalf. Most likely they didn't have children; and never would. They, most likely, left parents and siblings and possibly a sweetheart. They'd never have a career. Never know the joy of cradling their children and grandchildren. Never be able to add their distinct talents and flavor to our society. But, because of their sacrifice YOU get to do all these things. That's why we must remember and honor them." Something like that anyway.

It was more for me, I suppose. Hopefully some of it rubbed off.

And so, at this writing the presidential election results of 2020 are unclear. Oh, the media know-it-alls have made their choice, but the numbers are suspect. Majorly so. In fact, although voter fraud may exist to some degree in all elections, this one seems rife with the offense. AND, when MY SACRED VOTE is nullified by those driven to deceive; when they choose to overthrow the system that literally was purchased by blood; well, that's beyond criminal. It's actually treason. And I hope some kind of severe consequence is meted out upon the verified revelation. It's the least we can do for those listed on the stone...and the future generations they died for.
 
 
****
 

 








 

No comments: